Sunday, February 28, 2010

5 days and counting...

Well, my unit (or at least part of it) flies out on the 5th. We're heading off to Manas Air Base and then we're going to Afghanistan shortly afterward. I don't know how internet connectivity will be over there so this may be my last post for some time. By the way, Columbus, Indiana is such a podunk town. It only has about 40,000 people and it is really small. However, the hotel that I'm staying at is pretty ballin'. I don't really want to go back to post tomorrow, but all good things end something. Oh, by the way, I met one of my ETT team leaders and I found out that our mission is cool as shit. There are only going to be a few of us, so I was told to expect to be cross-trained. I'll be trained to be a driver, gunner, commo, etc. I'm also expected to help cross-train the cav and infantry guys who are coming with us too. Oh, and I am getting issued a M9 too. I guess that's cool. I'm a little sick so I think that I'm going to turn in early today.

No comments:

Post a Comment