Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pulling Out Soon

Word is that we are pulling out soon. Well, at least the part of the unit that I'm assigned to. We finished training last Friday and we have been sitting around with pretty much nothing to do. For the past few days, a couple of guys and I have been playing Risk at the library and working out at the gym. Our routine pretty much consists of training/details, walking everywhere (like to chow or the PX), workout sessions at the gym, playing Risk at the library, checking out the USO, and watching cartoons or movies at night. I've got to say that this routine is a bit boring, but it makes the days go by a lot quicker. Also, working out almost every day and eating healthy (unfortunately, this exclude booze) is helping us get into shape quick. I think that we are the only ones who actually go to the gym on a regular basis. Most of the other guys in the bay here just order pizza/chinese food every night and sit around like fatbodies. There is word going around that my unit is getting a pass this weekend. Unfortunately, all the other guys that I have been through training with for the past 2 months are assigned to another unit and they don't go on pass until my unit gets back off pass. I really want to just go find a watering hole and drink my ass off, but I don't think it would be too fun if I go at it by myself. I kinda want to hang out with my friends for a bit longer before we get separated. One guy wants to swap pass days with me so that he can fly his girlfriend out here, but I dunno if higherups would let that fly. Some of us think that maybe my unit is pulling out of Atterbury earlier than the other units. Maybe that is why we go on pass earlier. Then again, some guys heard that we don't pull out for another few weeks. I hate how that any bit of information that we get isn't credible and we are forced to just sit in the dark. I sure hope that we get some concrete facts soon. Oh, by the way, I have guard duty again tomorrow. I just pulled it Sunday and I have to pull it again. How fun =/

No comments:

Post a Comment