Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 1

So, today's the day. I am due to report to Camp McCrady/Fort Jackson for in-processing and mobilization in support of OEF. Flying out at 0600 so that I can get there nice and early just to sit around for hours on end. Isn't that the Army's unofficial motto? Hurry up and wait? Anyhoo, I can't believe that this is really happening. I mean, I just got released from active duty a few months ago in August. I even started to attend university, only to find out that I had to report back for duty soon after. At least the semester is over with and I got decent grades (all B's). Now I can focus on this deployment and do my bit for God and country. I'll try to update whenever possible and keep you guys posted about my heroics. Here's to a new year full of sand, haji, and ied's.

No comments:

Post a Comment