Friday, January 29, 2010

Done! At least, I think...

So we finished our NREMT-B refresher training today. Now, we have no idea what we are up to. We've been hearing conflicting stories about getting our reports on either Friday or Sunday. All I know for sure is that we are meeting one of our training NCOs tomorrow morning. Hopefully, we will receive some concrete intel and guidance. On a side note, I went bowling with two of the other guys about an hour or two after we finished training today. I actually bowled a 159 (well over my previous record high)! After that, we played a game of Texas Hold 'em with a 20 dollar buy-in (I lost spectacularly) and then watched the last episode of Generation Kill. By the way, we've been watching Generation Kill every night for the past week right before we went to bed. I guess that it's starting to hit home for some of us. We're on standby to deploy and it is so fucking surreal. I still sometimes feel as if I am back in AIT for the first time and don't have a care in the world other than getting to my first unit. I guess I can't really describe the feeling. I know that I'm going to deploy soon, but I somehow try not to care or even think about it. I guess it's some sort of defense mechanism or something. Oh well, the shit's gotta to hit the fan sometime. I just hope that I'm prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment