Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 2

We had more guys show up late last night. Now we're up to a couple dozen guys. Woke up at 0430 today. Damn o'dark thirty and cold as hell. I found out that most of the recalls here are either commo/signal series or medics like myself. Oh, I actually met someone that I went through medic school with. Same platoon too. Turns out that he got recalled just like me. One of the female medics told me that she was told that we would be going back to San Antonio for 25 more days after we finish our two weeks here. Unfortunately, we'll be spending some time at Camp Bullis. Not really looking forward to sleeping in tents and marching around in the cold. I am looking forward to weekends off and alcohol though. We aren't authorized to drink here at McCrady. Supposedly, a few months ago, someone got drunk and jacked it up for the rest of us. Anyhoo, we did more SRP today. Went through medical, dental, vision screening, etc. Had to wait about an hour for every 5 minutes of actually processing/paperwork. Talk about boring. After dinner, a couple of guys and I checked out the day room, The Impact Zone. Its a medium sized room with a flat screen tv (no dvd player though =/) and 2 broke ass pool tables. Even the foozeball table is jacked up. We gave up pool after about 10 minutes (the tables have ripped fabric and step-offs/slants). Got a piss test in the morning and more processing tomorrow. There is talk about getting uniforms issued either tomorrow or Wednesday. Looking forward to getting some sniffle gear. It is friggin cold here. Like 15 degrees in the daytime. Well, got to piss at 0430 so I'll be up extra early tomorrow. I guess I'll turn in early today.

No comments:

Post a Comment