Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Range and Rollover

Had a pretty good day today. First, we went to one range to group/zero. Naturally, I couldn't group/zero to standard. I always have issues with breathing whenever I shoot at paper targets. After that, we went to an actual range to fire at pop up targets. I did pretty well with 35/40 targets. Only one person in our group scored higher than me, with someone else tieing my score in the next firing group. We surprisingly finished early (before noon) and then we were off to roll over training. There was this really neat HMMWV simulator that rotated along its long axis. We got to experience what it felt like to be in a roll over and we also learned survival/escape techniques. After all that, a few guys and I went to the gym to work out a bit. We actually have PT at 0600 tomorrow morning, so I think I'm going to turn in a bit early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment